- Work to schedule and set a manageable daily target for your word count.
- Switch off your internal editor. Don’t correct anything, just get the words down so that you have something to edit later. (Don’t get it right, get it written.)
- Write something else for an hour. Try a monologue from the point of view of one of your minor characters. You might be surprised by what they have to say.
- Go for a walk and let your next scene ‘compost’ in your head as you get some fresh air.
- If all else fails just keep putting one word after another on the page until you have a sentence, then a paragraph, then a page, then a chapter. At least now you have something to edit, and that can stimulate fresh ideas for your next writing session.