- Basically it’s a soapbox – and the bigger yours is, the happier your publisher will be (because it helps them market your books).
- According to fabulous NY lit agent Nathan Bransford, a platform is “the number of eyeballs you can summon as you promote your book”.
- It’s your blog stats, your Facebook friends, your podcast listeners, your mailing list, your celebrity status, your ability to draw a large audience.
- It’s your relationship with the potential readers of your books.
- It could convince publishers that your book will sell in large enough numbers for them to justify signing you up.
- Start building yours now, and include details in your covering letter along with your synopsis and sample pages.